Hospitality NZ 18+ Card Evidence of Age Document
The Hospitality NZ 18+ card is an approved photographic Evidence of Age Document under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, and along with photo driver licence or passport is a means by which young people can establish that they are over 18 and entitled to purchase alcohol.
From 1 February 2017 the cost of the 18+ card will be $45.
To apply for your 18+ card you will need:
- A passport-sized photograph. If you don’t have one you can get one taken at selected PostShops (for a fee) when you apply.
- Proof of your address.
- Photo ID to prove who you are, this can be your:
If you do not have one of these, you can still apply – you need someone who can prove you are over 18 and some other form of identification, like your birth certificate. Check step 5.1 of the application form for a list of what other form of identification is acceptable.
- current 18+ Card
- New Zealand driver licence
- firearms licence
- certificate of identity (issued under the Passports Act 1992)
- refugee travel document (issued by or for the New Zealand Government)
When can I apply?
You can apply for your card up to 1 month before you turn 18. You will not get the card until after you have turned 18.
Where do I apply?
You need to take your completed form, $45, all your identification and proof of address to your nearest PostShop.
What happens next?
- Keep hold of your receipt until you have received your card.
- NZ Post will send your application to be processed.
- You will get your 18+ Card delivered by courier in about 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Read our list of frequently asked questions.
If you have further queries you can phone us on 04 381 9937, between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.